New York's Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network
c/o New York Section AWWA
614 7th North St.
Liverpool, NY 13088
NYWARN is a statewide Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network (WARN) designed to provide utility to utility response during an emergency.
The NYWARN program provides its member utilities with emergency planning and response and recovery information before, during and after an emergency.
- A standard omnibus mutual assistance agreement and process for sharing emergency resources among members statewide.
- The resources to respond and recover more quickly from a disaster.
- A mutual assistance program consistent with other statewide mutual aid programs.
- A forum for developing and maintaining emergency contacts and relationships.
- New ideas from lessons learned in disasters.
Our mission is to support and promote statewide emergency preparedness, disaster response, and mutual assistance matters for public and private water and wastewater utilities.
The NYWARN Mutual Assistance Agreement is available to all public and private water and wastewater utilities in New York State.
All actions, recommendations, etc. are made in accordance with the articles of the NYWARN Mutual Aid Agreement.
|NYWARN Regional Chairs|
|Long Island||SEMO Region 1||
Mike Boufis (631) 901-4195 or (516) 322-3994
Stan Carey (516) 204-8575
Phil Thompson (631) 704-4563 or (631) 445-8559
|Central Region||SEMO Region 4||
Connie Schreppel (315) 534-6218 or (315) 796-7277
|Western Region||SEMO Region 5||
Marty Aman (585) 455-5875
|Southern Region/NYC||SEMO Region 2||
Judy Hansen (845) 943-8223
|Capital/Adirondack Region||SEMO Region 3||
Chris Wheland (518) 369-3259